Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Package Load Failure error with VisulStudio 2008

My Visual Studio 2008 as giving me following error whenever I tried to add web service to my project:


"Package ‘Visual Studio Explorers and Designers Package’ has failed to load properly ( GUID = {8D8529D3-625D-4496-8354-3DAD630ECC1B} ). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the future? You may use ‘devenv /resetskippkgs’ to re-enable package loading"

I tried running devenv /resetskippkgs but it was still not helpful.

To fix this issue I had to remove the Source Analysis Tool for C# which I had installed couple of months back. Source Analysis is an internal tool that does somewhat FxCop does. While FxCop analyse the IL, Source Analysis analyse the source code itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open default email app in .NET MAUI

Sample Code:  if (Email.Default.IsComposeSupported) {     string subject = "Hello!";     string body = "Excellent!";    ...